Sunday, November 3, 2013

Seeing the Spiders

I am staring out my windshield watching the blacktop and occasional cars and trucks pass by.  Out of the corner of my eye I see something move inside the car.  Glancing again, I see that a yellow spider about the size of a dime crawled out of a crack between the glass and plastic and was crawling down the strip.  

I try to get my wife's attention and she looks once. "Look at that," I say.  She looks away without any expression.  
"Did you see that?" I ask.
"See what?"
"The window."
"What are you looking at?" she asks.
Pointing my finger, I say, "Here - do you have something for it?"
"Oh - I was looking outside and didn't see anything important!"

If my daughter was driving, the spider would have been a major event and disrupted the smooth drive.  For me, it wasn't a big deal - but needed to be dealt with.  The spider was soon outside the vehicle with a flick of the finger toward an open window.

Depth of field is important as we progress to our goals.  You might find things to celebrate along the way. You might find a bigger issue that can derail your goal.  Or you might find an annoyance to take care before it becomes a bigger issue. 

Take time this week to assess the environment needed for success to reach your goals.  Deal with the "spiders" now before they have a chance to cause excitement and distractions.  The trip will be a lot more fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts...